Sunday, July 24, 2011

the Triple Nipple is trying to kill me!


After all that riding, I pulled into the garage and saw this fucking bent rim as I was walking out.
It's from the pothole on 555. I knew I hit it hard, and I heard something metal hitting the pothole but everything seemed fine after the fact. The Nickel was intent on stealing all 9 of my lives, evidently.
I have no idea if insurance will cover it, but I'm going to call and see. It might be able to get banged back into shape, but worst case is I need to buy a new bloody rim out of pocket. Ohio adventures are bloody expensive. I guess the riding pants can wait until before the next challenging jaunt. At least we all made it back in one piece. Or six.

3 comments:

  1. Crazy! Well at least it held air that could have been game over down there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Crap! It looked like you hit that pothole hard, but damn ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn. Yeah you hit that pothole real hard, I saw your whole backend jump to the side. I'm surprised by the looks of it that it is still holding air. That's crazy. On the plus side can you replace that rear one with a matching chrome wire wheel?

    ReplyDelete