Thursday, July 7, 2011

FSMC gets all educational and shit.

This video works on two immediate levels: 1) The opening is a bunch of synchronized motorcycle riding circa 1937 and 2) afterwards, it demonstrates in layman's terms how a rear differential works.
If I can fucking understand it then it definitely did it's job b/c all that engineering crap is way over my head. I twist the throttle and the bike moves. That's about all I know when it comes to how a bike works.
I always hear Clarkson and co. going on about rear slip differentials on Top Gear and I had no idea what it did. Hell, I bet Clarkson doesn't know what they do and he doesn't want James May boring him to death w/ an overly-complicated yet accurate description.  So here it is for the layman. Or mechanically-retarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment