Saturday, July 16, 2011

high times


Picked up the Triumph Highgate jacket today from Detroit Triumph. 
  • Fully perforated mesh panels and hitena construction keeps you cool during the hottest days
  • Easily removable CE certified shoulder and elbow protectors
  • Side adjustment zippers
  • Decorative contrast stitch detailing
  • Waist connection zipper supplied

It was $150. Best looking perforated jacket they had by a long shot. Fits well. Rode it today in nearly 90 degree weather... and would still prefer to be in a short-sleeve shirt. It's not as breathable as I had imagined it would be, considering you can essentially see through it due to the mesh, but it's a jacket so it's bound to be LESS cool than a cotton sleeveless shirt. However, I think the fact I was wearing a backpack weighed down w/ 4 quarts of oil didn't help any. 
I'm gonna wear it down to Hocking Hills and I'm glad I have it. I just don't think I'll be the kind of dude who dons a jacket every time he rides as habit. We'll see. Weird, cuz I NEVER ride w/out gloves...
I tried on some kevlar jeans but they didn't have my size. It'd be nice to have some riding jeans but the Triumph ones were a little too generous in cut. I need something more svelte for my popsicle-stick legs. And I don't wanna get into anything like those "adventure" looking pants or whatever. Unless I'm going on an adventure in the jungle, I'll stick w/ denim. 

I dig the Corazzo 5.0 jacket I have, but that's more for the fall/winter. Very wind resistant. And water resistant. 

• Removable CE Rated Knox® Armor in shoulders, elbows & back
• 1000 denier Cordura® abrasion and water resistant shell
• Reflective 3M Scotchlite™ trim for 360° degree nighttime visibility
• Superior venting for warm days
• Two-inch longer tail & arms designed for upright riding
• YKK® high-grade zippers throughout
• Fleece lined collar and cuffs


1 comment:

  1. Both jackets look good! My mesh jacket sucks with a back pack on. I find that having air flowing through the jacket unobstructed helps a ton.

    ReplyDelete