Wednesday, October 5, 2011

dirty dozen


John, the gentleman who turned us on to Hocking Hills, recently sent me a link to the Southern Dozen. He read about it in a mag and has been researching the roads down there in Tennessee. It's about 585 miles to Johnson City. Couple days getting there, day hanging out, couple days getting back. Certainly something to think about in the coming year. Especially early on or later on... beat the weather and head south!

Speaking of which, I was out on 696 tonight and it's amazing how much of a difference a couple degrees can make. I was freakin cold as hell near 275 but once I got to around the Telegraph area I warmed right up. That stretch of 696 is so much warmer than the rest. Then I got off at the Woodward exit and was colder than I was when I was flying down the freeway. Felt freakin good to wail on that throttle in the crisp autumn evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment