Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Season has begun!


I took the bike out last night to Buddy's Pizza in Farmington Hills. Cruised down the Lodge. Felt great to be on the damn bike again. Ate some greasy pizza that didn't sit too well in my stomach. Took 696 back at 11pm. Did the ton and kept it fast for the ride home to take my concentration off my cold nuts and onto where I was going. Good times.
I'm gonna buy some synthetic riding pants, lined jeans or some sort of synthetic chaps, though. I'd stretch the season if I could just keep my bones warm. I see heated gloves and vest on the horizon... Fall trips will be more enjoyable and we can miss the crowds of summer riders. Woo!

2 comments:

  1. Nice! As soon as I got back home from China I took advantage of the warmish weather and started the bike up and took it for a short ride (would have been longer but was way too jet lagged). Felt great to get on the bike, though I really got to get those pipes sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, I have my old heated jacket liner and gloves that I've been meaning to sell. You've got first dibs on it if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete