Thursday, May 24, 2012

Triumph, and defeat.

Bitch, I'm from Detroit. Let me in!
We stayed with my uncle in Barwell, which happens to be minutes from Hinckley. So, one of the only sites on the whole trip I had planned on visiting was the Triumph factory. It was right on our doorstep, so why not. I checked the site for months and contacted them trying to get a tour of the factory, but to no avail. Ultimately, we drove up there and I pleaded my case to the kind security guards knowing fine well there was no way I'd get in. And I didn't. So I took some photographic evidence and then we went to look at some boats and feed the ducks.

Fine.

Sidenote: Barwell is where they build the might Noble. I didn't see any on the road, but it's a funny old world. Who would have thought Hinckley and Barwell would be producing the coolest motorcycles in the world as well as a 6 figure supercar?

1 comment:

  1. If they only really knew you were... They couldn't have said no to the prez.

    ReplyDelete