Thursday, March 29, 2012

Interested in blacking something out...

but don't want to ruin the chrome finish or painted surface. Maybe you want to change a part a different color but then decide next week you want it back to how it was. However, you are like me... CHEAP and LAZY. I have the perfect solution for you!

PLASTIDIP!

I recently found out about this product and decided to use my bike as a guinea pig (since I have a lot of chipping paint). Basically this paint comes in a liquid and spray form. From what I have gathered it is best to spray 4 to 5 coats of this paint on to your item, so you can easily peel it off when you want it back to normal. Also, I have read that after the plastidip has been on the item for a year or more, the plastidip might not peel as easy (but still will, just in smaller chunks). Best part of it all is there is no prep work really involved except for making sure your item is clean.

Here are some videos for ideas/evidence whatever:

Powerwashing plastidip:


Metal effect plastidip:


Removal of plastidip:



If you are interested, you can get matte black at Home Depot or any similar place for around 5.98 a can.

No comments:

Post a Comment